Please mark your calendars and plan to participate in two upcoming Rose Hill Cemetery work days:
Saturday, February 20 and Saturday, April 2 starting at 8:30
We have made tremendous progress over the past years. With continued work and collaboration, Rose Hill will become the beautiful place we want it to be. Priorities for spring work days are:
- Burning brush (previously cut trees)
- Raking and disposing of the last remnants of trash
Ongoing projects in need of discussion and attention in the near future:
- Removing mesquite stumps
- Creating gravel drive and parking area
- Dialog with neighboring developers regarding water acquisition
- Dialog with Elgin church regarding burials and maintenance
- Dialog with RHCA members about a vision for Rose Hill’s future
- Election of RHCA officers and Board of Director vacancies
If you haven’t been to Rose Hill lately, I encourage you to visit. You’ll see open spaces, native trees and plants, and numerous songbirds. If you’re lucky you may also see hawks, owls, rabbits and deer.
Rose Hill belongs to all of us and everyone is needed to ensure the land is maintained in a way that honors and respects those who used to live there—our ancestors.